Ask yourself the next simple questions to find out if you need a business disaster plan:
- Do you have your business records backed up and stored in the cloud?
- Are there copies of your client databases somewhere other than at the office?
- Do you have copies of invoices and accounts receivables at home?
- How would you communicate with your client in case of a disaster?
- If you cannot work in the office, where would you work from?
- Do you have contact information of each employee?
The following tips can help you settle insurance claims:
- Shoot photos of your equipment and create an online inventory.
- Back up contact data of your insurance agent.
- Have copies of insurance policies in a safe place.
- Consider buying a business interruption insurance which will cover the loss of income that your business suffers after a disaster.