There is a common misconception that every business should aggressively push its products to become successful. Usually, it results in unexpected behavior of all types. For instance, customers become pushy, overly talkative or too agreeable – and make one-time deals. However, businesses can achieve much better results in the long term. Specifically, they can combine assertiveness with warmth and solid competence.
The following techniques have proven right over time:
- Be always transparent about what you offer.
- Provide a consistent, “branded” experience for both new and existing customers. Ideally, make your services as enjoyable as possible.
- Attract new clients by offering unusual deals. They might be fine to you and not practical to your competitors.
- Make new customers re-order: come up with incentives to encourage repetitive purchases.
- Reward existing customers: introduce loyalty programs.
- Improve your processes: collect customer feedback on a regular basis and act upon it.
- Provide highly reliable products. For example, you can invest in high-quality materials or partner up with service companies to provide additional services.
- Finally, don’t forget to tell your customers about it.